(job) Logistics, Inventory Control Technician II - Torrance, CA
An established but growing biochemical company located in Torrance, CA is seeking a LOGISTICS, INVENTORY CONTROL TECHNICIAN II. I am a recruiter assisting them with the process of identifying and hiring for that position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the job description below and, if qualified, please apply as instructed.
You will be responsible for performing inventory functions located in the Torrance, California facility. You will also be responsible for the flow of raw materials and supplies into the facility and adhering to established
procedures, GMP, DEA, and EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) requirements in addition to all other regulatory compliance requirements on an ongoing basis.
Weighing, dispensing, bottling, vialing and sampling products and materials controlled by Logistics.
Dispense/weigh finished products for testing/analysis and filling orders for shipment to customers.
Reviewing material transaction documents for accuracy.
Maintaining inventory levels in the facility, implementation of physical transactions and the proper documentation of each transaction.
Operating in a cleanroom environment and complying with cleanliness standards.
Complying with cGMP and other agency standards and practices as it relates to the pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Maintain proper segregation of all materials and finished products.
1. Maintain accurate records of inventory for raw materials and finished products.
2. Perform routine inventory counting and reconciliation.
3. Communicate with other departments to ensure timely distribution of materials and supplies.
4. Ensure that materials released for use in production are stored in the designated areas.
5. Perform routine cleaning of all areas controlled by Logistics.
6. Write and review Inventory SOPs.
College degree or equivalent industrial experience. Chemical awareness desirable.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
3-5 years general laboratory, industrial or inventory experience.
Experience in a GMP cleanroom environment a benefit.
Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
Inventory Control Software knowledge.
Good analytical and mathematical skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write procedures, routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to read and write effectively in English.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly and frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee must be able to move throughout 4 buildings, approximately 37,000 square feet, unrestricted.
The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds and up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
2. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
3. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
4. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high noise environments.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. your resume in word or txt format
2. brief cover note describing your qualifications in relation to the job requirement
3. salary requirement or expectations
4. confirmation that Torrance is commutable