System Completion Specialist (ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENTS AND CONTROLS, MECHANICAL, MACHINERY, HVAC, TELECOMMUNICATIONS)
EJ Joint Venture Sdn Bhd is a privately owned company dedicated to serving the Petrochemical, Oil & Gas and Power Industries with a conscious effort toward improving safety and economy while introducing innovative and creative concepts. EJJV have three offices in Malaysia and one in the Philippines with a total of 150 employees.
REPORTS TO : System Completion Lead
SUPERVISES : Surveillance over primary contractor only
- Surveillance over primary Contractor during pre-commissioning and commissioning phases of the Project. Ensures that documentation associated with the effort is available, correct, and complete.
- Ensures that scope of work is completed and that the quality of the work performed meets COMPANY standards.
- Ensures that Contractor performs work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Assists in Start-up operations under the leadership of the Start-up Lead.
- Assists in training Operations staff when required.
- Provides post-commissioning support to Operations once Handover is completed.
- Interface with Contractor Technical Supervisors and Vendor Representatives to understand the ongoing work and ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
- Interface with COMPANY Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
- Interface with Industry Technical Experts to assist in solving commissioning problems incurred during the project.
- Monitor all aspects of Contractor work activities. Report problems if required.
- Track and report progress of Contractor effort with respect to Commissioning,
- Monitor job face safety and environmental responsibility. Report problems if required.
- Participate in punch listing exercises.
- Participate in a representative portion of Check List activities.
- Participate in FAT effort-
- Perform area authority checks if so designated.
- Attend interface meetings with Contractor counterparts.
- Provide technical data for use in solving problems encountered during the Commissioning effort.
- Provide written reports as required by the Systems Completion Lead
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
A. Academic qualification - minimum Technical Diploma or equivalent
B. 15+ years experience in any or a combination of the following work areas:
- onshore pre-commissioning of oil & gas production, or compression & dehydration platforms
- offshore hook-up & commissioning of oil & gas production, or compression and/or dehydration platforms
- onshore commissioning of Petrochemical Plants or Gas Processing Plants or Crude Oil Terminals
Direct "hands on" experience in plant/system start-up is required. High safety awareness is essential. Strong knowledge of simultaneous operations is essential. Individual requires outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with customers of diverse backgrounds; must be an excellent facilitator, must exhibit mature judgment in conjunction with sound reasoning and analytical process; must have the ability to perform well during periods of adversity; must be able to build consensus in areas of contention while enhancing working relationships; and must exhibit strong verbal and written communications skills.
Team /People Skills
- Strong commitment to live the values/principles associated with team work/team play.
- Good "people skills" is a must.
- "Can do" mindset.
- "Mentoring" mindset.
"Team Specific" Conditions
- Plant/system start-up experience is required.
- Must be willing to live and work in Fabrication Facility, Construction Camp, and Offshore environment
These positions are required for ASEAN: ASIA PACIFIC and MIDDLE EAST
If you meet the requirements, please submit your update CV with email subject "SC Specialist", a recent photograph, ID Card, Academic Certificte, Working Certificate and expected salary to email@example.com