Join CIFOR and make a difference THINKING BEYOND THE CANOPY
Senior Administrative Officer (Ref.: 1255)
Information Services Group
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. CIFOR is a CGIAR Consortium Research Center. Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
CIFOR is looking for a Senior Administrative Officer for the Information Services Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Administrative Officer will assist the Director in coordinating work across units within the Information Services Group (ISG). The four units of ISG are: Editorial & Multimedia Services; Data & Library/Information Management; Information & Communication Technology; and Media & Outreach.
The Senior Administrative Officer will:
• Assist the Director in ensuring smooth workflow across the units within the Information Services Group/Office to meet commitments and top line deliverables to all internal clients (i.e. Management, DGO, Research Programmes, Finance & HR) and to all external parties.
• Assist with preparing budgets and provide progress reports to the Director and managers.
• Work with ISG staff, as well as other programmes and departments within CIFOR, to monitor and ensure timely technical reporting and deliverables to partners, donors and collaborators.
• Develop contracts and contract amendments, including individual contracts and Letters of Agreement (LOA), with partners, collaborators and consultants in close consultation with the Director and managers.
• Liaise with CIFOR's contract management unit and facilitate discussions until all relevant parties have agreed on content. After contract content is agreed, the Officer will work with the secretary to upload all information to the contract workflow system.
• Remind and assist the staff to complete and submit project timesheets and other performance contracts and appraisals, deliverable to the Director General's Office and Management Group.
• Work with Finance staff to monitor budget spending, preparation and adjustment of the financial status of the Office as well as for periodic financial reporting.
• Manage and update relevant databases and assist with the project management system (SIIS).
• Other duties as assigned.
Details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and then detailed in the annual performance contract/work plan for this position.
Education, experience and technical skills
• Bachelor or Masters degree in administration and/or finance with 7 – 10 years of relevant experience.
• Relevant experience in project administration and management, good understanding of financial management and budgeting and human resources procedures.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database, PowerPoint, Excel, and other relevant office applications.
Personal attributes and competencies
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Proactive, have initiative and capable of working independently, as well as an effective team player.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
We are looking for people who share our mission and our commitment to professionalism, innovation, impact and collaboration.
Terms and conditions
• This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment is for one year with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
• The application deadline is 20 October 2012.
• We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV in English, including contact information for three referees, to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
Please indicate the position and its reference number in the email subject line.
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.