Winrock International is a US registered non profit organization. Our mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources. Winrock Indonesia is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of:
Title: Sustainability Expert
Line Reporting: Deputy Chief of Party
The Sustainability Expert has a key support and coordination role for the palm oil sustainability component of the Capacity for Indonesian Reduction of Carbon in Land Use and Energy (CIRCLE) project. He/She will conduct field visits, office visits, and interviews to gather information critical for making recommendations about improving sustainability at palm oil mills and estates. A major part of this position is the preparation of summary documents and high quality reports, as well as making presentations and leading trainings in order to build capacity of project proponents. He/She will also be responsible for regular communication with palm oil companies and project partners and coordinates and manages sub-contractors for the sustainability component of the program.
• Support the Deputy Chief of Party to accomplish the CIRCLE work plan effectively and on time.
• Represent the CIRCLE project team for the implementation of the sustainability activities, meetings.
• In close coordination with project partners and Sustainability Specialist, follow a provided protocol in carrying out sustainability screenings of palm oil mills and estates.
• Conduct presentations and trainings on palm oil sustainability and sustainability certifications.
• Support the GHG Specialist in gathering the information required for GHG lifecycle analyses.
• Represent CIRCLE in relevant meetings and workshops related to clean energy.
• Degree in energy, agriculture, engineering, or other relevant field.
• Knowledge and abilities in environmental and agricultural systems and industrial and quality control systems.
• Experience with sustainability certifications. Knowledge of the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification preferable. Experience conducting on the ground greenhouse gas life cycle analyses is desirable.
• Experience in the palm oil industry is highly desired.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in Indonesian and English.
• Strong presentation and meeting coordination skills.
• Ability to produce high quality results in a timely manner is critical.
Please send your application letter, CV and photograph within 2 weeks to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please notice that we will review the application on daily basis and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.