Currently we have a position open in our Jakarta office as Completions Engineer (08864).
1. Performing a variety of technically complex activities in Completion operations
2. Coordinate Completion budget and monitoring
3. Active team participation with respective people and organization
4. Coordination of EHS function in the respective department
5. Coordination relevant administration and report
1. Performing a variety of technically complex activities in petroleum completions operations
Responsible for a variety of completions engineering assignments requiring general familiarity with a broad field of completions engineering.
Performs calculations and maintains documentation relating to a variety of completions activities such as tubular good usage, completions fluids, well head configuration and well status at handover
Conducts studies, analysis, interpretation and conclusions of routine and non routine problems independently
Prepares completions and well testing programmes
Production modelling (Prosper, etc) including zonal isolation (ICD's) MPAS packers, oil and water swellables.
2. Coordinate completions budget and monitoring
Developing scopes of work and bid evaluation
Developing completion cost models, generating well AFEs and monitoring completions costs.
Prepares contract technical bid documentation and tender evaluation.
Performs completions program forecasting and well budgeting (AFE)
Initiates material orders and services personnel requisitions, maintains rental tool inventory and verifies and approves work performed by contractor and service companies.
3. Team participation with respective people and organization
Ensures the implementation of teamwork and cooperation and flow of communication and information within and inter department.
Actively participates in Company Networks to learn from others and share knowledge.
4. Managing EHS function in the respective department
Ensures that the work location is in a safe and environmentally friendly manner in line with Hess standard's and target's
Emergency response duties as required
5. Managing relevant administration and report
Managing relevant reporting and administration work based on the needs of the respective organization (including data recording, correspondence, etc. - based on the function of this position).
Ensuring the confidentiality of the company's documentation
a) Education and Experience:
· Minimum BS Degree of Petroleum Engineering or other related disciplines
· A minimum of 5 years experience in a broad range of completions activities incl. completions operations, well planning and well design
b) Technical Competencies and Knowledge:
· Experience in planning directional wells with horizontal sections; offshore completions operations; well design for hole stability and lost circulation.
· Experience in determining the specification of equipment and materials required to drill wells.
c) Basic skill:
· Computer literate (Ms Office, completions reporting software and completions applications such as torque/drag modelling and production modelling).
· Fluent written and spoken English
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.hess.com/careers and search E&P Jobs no later than 11 August 2012. Put the number you wish to apply in job number box in search criteria page. Please upload your resume and answer the eligibility question accurately as this will be your requirements to apply. For those of you who do not upload your resume and complete the eligibility question, your application will not be identified as valid application and will not be processed.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be invited for interview.