Power Integrations, Inc. - San Jose, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Quality Engineer Engineering - Quality, Reliability, Product and Test | San Jose, CA, United States
The primary responsibilities will include the following. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
· Manage compliance of supply chain and company's products to European Union RoHS, REACH, and other regulatory requirements regarding environmental, health, and social responsibility.
· Provide support to Sales on customer inquiries regarding regulatory and product related requirements.
· Interface with Engineering and Operations on continual improvement activities to enhance product quality.
· Manage suppliers' performance and ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
· Conduct internal and supplier audits, and support customer audits as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience & Education:
· B.S. in Engineering or an equivalent technical discipline is required.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
· Good ISO/TS 16949 quality system and environmental knowledge.
· Working knowledge of semiconductor packaging and assembly process, semiconductor materials, material properties and statistical tools is required.
· ASQ Internal Auditor certification is highly desired.
· Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills. Bilingual with Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese is preferred.
Location: San Jose, CA
Power Integrations is the leading supplier of high-voltage integrated circuits used in energy-efficient power conversion. The company's innovative technology enables compact, energy-efficient power supplies in a wide range of electronic products, in AC-DC, DC-DC and LED lighting applications. Since its introduction in 1998, Power Integrations' EcoSmart(R) energy-efficiency technology has saved an estimated $3.6 billion of standby energy waste and prevented millions of tons of CO2 emissions. The company's Green Room web site provides a wealth of information about "energy vampires" and the issue of standby energy waste, along with a comprehensive guide to energy-efficiency standards around the world. Reflecting the environmental benefits of EcoSmart technology, Power Integrations is included in clean-technology stock indices sponsored by the Cleantech Group (Amex: CTIUS) and Clean Edge (Nasdaq: CELS). For more information,www. powerint. com.