Fircroft Process Engineer (Heat Transfer Engineer)
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a
number of specialist industries, active in over 30 countries
worldwide. Our key sectors include: Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals &
Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals
and General Engineering. We currently are opening the vacancy of
Process Engineer (Heat Transfer Engineer) for Oil and Gas Company,
Kuala Lumpur Base.
Job Title : Process Engineer (Heat Transfer Engineer)
Location : Malaysia
Rate/Salary : Negotiable
Duration : 2 years contract
Residency : Malaysia
• The Heat Transfer Engineer is expected to be able to provide:
• Troubleshooting, de-bottlenecking and technical support for Heat
Exchangers , heaters, boilers, incinerators; this consultancy work
includes site visits as well as desk studies.
• Heat Exchangers/ Heater/boiler operating data analysis and interpretations.
• Preparation of heat transfer equipment design (thermal, hydraulic,
• Project support / quality assurance.
• Guidance to technology development, design practices and procurement
• Technical Assurance for projects and services within the Heat
Transfer discipline & R&D activities in the field of heat transfer.
The Heat Transfer Engineer will be working within the Regional Heat
Transfer Equipment specialist group and will primarily work with:
1. Internal customers within the Shell P&T organisation (Projects,
Materials/Inspection, Mechanical, and Process groups).
2. Customers within Shell and non-Shell Refineries, Chemical Plants,
NG/LNG Plants, E&P sites, etc.
3. Engineering Contractors and Heat Transfer Equipment Manufacturers.
The Heat Transfer Engineer will have responsibility for design and/or
changes to equipment.
The Heat Transfer Specialist is expected to deliver integrated
solutions, that requires apart from the heat transfer skills, a sound
understanding of the processes in which the heat transfer equipment is
applied and understanding of the business environment.
Although the Heat Transfer Specialist will work principally within one
Region, colleagues within the Discipline are located in three Regions.
Activities such as alignment of technologies and methodologies,
workload sharing, and optimization can be challenging.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• The Heat Transfer Engineer should preferably have a BS in Chemical
or Mechanical Engineering.
• The Heat Transfer Specialist is expected to have a sound background
in engineering, as well as knowledge in the field of heat transfer and
physics of transport phenomena and fluid flow.
• The Heat Transfer Engineer is expected to have worked in close
association with operating facilities and conversant with the
operation, troubleshooting and design aspects of heat transfer
• Minimum 5 years experience.
• Successful experience working as part of a team, self motivated to learn.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to listen well.
• Results oriented and customer focused.
Send your CV only (word format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or ABoy@fircroft.com
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: October 20, 2011