Deputy Maintenance Manager Job located in Qatar posted by HD Energy
Job Title: Deputy Maintenance Manager
Type : Either
Location : Qatar
Required Residency of applicants:
Expiry Date: 19/11/2009
Our client is a leading operator within the LNG Sector.
They are currently recruiting for a Deputy Maintenance Manager to join the team in Qatar
· The purpose of this position is to provide Maintenance Expertise in disciplines of field maintenance for LNG Units, Helium, Inlet/EGU, AGI, AKJ, LPG, Utilities/Offsite Assets and Maintenance Workshop Facilities. The position provides technical knowledge and experience to ensure that all Field Maintenance and Maintenance Workshop functions are performed in a timely planned manner to achieve a high level of equipment availability aimed at optimal Capital and Operating cost targets.
· Plans, directs, and provides all related maintenance activities associated with the operation of all production facilities.
· Manages and co-ordinates the preparation, execution and start up activities (Multi – Discipline) carried out for all onshore and offshore facilities including the LNG Trains and associated Utilities plants during Shutdowns (Turnarounds) .
· Coordinates with all Sections within the Operations Group as well as with other Groups on shutdown activities, including Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Commercial and Shipping.
· Provides engineering support, planning and execution co-ordination for projects being executed during Shutdowns.
· Provides Operational expertise and support in preparation of and during shutdown activities. Including detailing of all blinding & other operation preparations requirements.
· Key result areas:
Provide technical expertise and advice to Head of Maintenance Mechanical, Head of Maintenance Electrical, Head of Maintenance Instrumentation in LNG Units, Helium, Inlet/EGU, AGI, AKJ, LPG and Utilities/Offsite Assets and Workshop facilities.
· Directly Responsible for Maintenance of LNG Units, Helium, Inlet/EGU, AGI, AKJ, LPG and Utilities/Offsite Assets and Workshop as an autonomous role - Budget $ 42 M per year.
· Administers Consolidated Maintenance Contract (CMC). Deals directly with CPM on administrative and contractual issues. Works with Cost Control Engineer on cost issues.
· Directly influence strategic maintenance programs by conducting Equipment Strategies and Criticality assessments.
· Provides expertise in development of equipment strategies and maintenance input to all stages of EPC & Expansion projects.
· Participates in the pre-engineering and planning of major maintenance and main shutdowns. This includes highlighting specific items of equipment which require Field Maintenance Superintendent involvement, assessing resources, material, logistic requirements and shutdown execution.
· Provides expertise on shop repair methods to workshop and provides support during re-startup of repaired/refurbishe d equipment.
· Participates in the plant reliability improvement through RCA and BPI initiatives.
· Keeps up-to-date with new developments, working practices, engineering standards and codes of practice.
· Function as a full time mentor to Qatari Maintenance Engineers.
· Identifying needs for upgrades and modification projects for implementation.
· Function as company representative in Commissioning of new facilities.
· Support development of maintenance guidelines per RGEE Systems.
· Supports company's initiatives in the area of ISO 9000, ISO14000 and RGEE systems.
· Responsible for the support of Company EHS and Quality policies and programs.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries
· Operates in a team, within a well-structured environment with a clear reporting framework. Leading a team of RG direct hire Head of Maintenance Mechanical, Head of Maintenance Electrical, Head of Maintenance Instrumentation.
· Works with the complexities of a multi-cultural and multi-national environment where constant motivation for training is of high priority.
· Operations are carried out according to international engineering standards and within a well-structured environment and clearly defined reporting framework.
· Policies are clear but procedures are still being documented, a flexible and convincing approach to the execution of this function is required.
· Extensive amount of co-ordination and planning is required.
Communications and Working Relationships
· Directly meets with staff in maintenance. Meets Heads of Operation to ensure high level equipment availability.
· Works closely with Maintenance Planning Superintendent and Shutdown Superintendent for development of planning and Shutdown activities.
· Works closely with Maintenance Advisor the development of maintenance, cost and contractual activities and strategies.
· Works closely with Head of Reliability and Integrity for the development of Equipment strategies.
· Directly meets with Asset Managers to ensure internal customer satisfaction, review progress on all major activities and determine future plans.
· The job requires considerable analysis of the Optimum Methods for achieving the required results in the maintenance and engineering organization.
· The position holder must be able to motivate and convince people to involve themselves in Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
· Establishing effective coordination between Contractor and personnel.
· Solutions are developed using initiative, from standard procedures, RGEE and own acquired knowledge.
· Work requires good planning, influencing and manpower management skills with a significant degree of evaluative judgement needed.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
· Operates within established Process Policies and Procedures.
· As Field Maintenance Superintendent provides direction and support allowing a large amount of freedom of planning in achieving goals and targets.
· Responsible for determining manpower resource requirements for Field Maintenance Sections.
· Determines own work methods and sets Continuous Improvement short/long term goals and objectives for Field Maintenance.
· Responsible & accountable to manage the approved budget expenditure (OPEX).
The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline and extensive experience within the Oil & Gas / Process Industries.
If you have the required skills and experience for this role please forward your CV ASAP to email@example.com. (If you have any examples of work please email this also).
HD:ENERGY = Energy Jobs
By sending us your CV, you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment.
This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
In compliance with the regulations in place under the Employment Agencies Act, proof of identification will be required.
A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process.
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
vacancy Deputy Maintenance Manager Job located in Qatar posted by HD Energy
Deputy Maintenance Manager Job located in Qatar posted by HD Energy