My name is Melody and I'm an IT recruiter at Axelon Services
Corporation, formerly known as Algomod Technologies. Our records show that
you are an experienced IT professional with experience in CAPACITY PLANNING.
This experience is relevant to one of my current openings. Please reply
with current resume, if you are interested. Thanks!
SR. TECHNICAL ENGINEER, IT SYSTEMS CAPACITY PLANNER
Midtown West, NYC - 6 months RIGHT TO HIRE!
The Systems Capacity Planner is responsible for the research, analysis,
documentation, and presentation of capacity metrics for all IT platforms and
the underling systems including Servers, Storage, etc. The IT platforms to
be analyzed include: UNIX, Linux, Windows, and variety of storage systems
(SAN, NAS and Direct Attached).
The IT Capacity Planner is responsible for evaluating and projecting impacts
of actual or proposed changes in hardware and software structures,
estimating growth for the demand for application services, and for creating
the capacity requirements for new business applications. Individual will be
required to conduct regular presentations for the current and projected
system capacities to management. This associate will also coordinate with
the various platform groups in support of maintaining existing metrics and
in the development of new metrics. The Planner will develop code to support
the manipulation of data metrics and will provide high-level analysis and
technical insight into information systems capacity.
* Expert in capacity planning and performance tuning
* Ensure that system capacity is available as required.
* Provide Level 2 and higher data center capacity management support.
* Conduct supply/demand &/or trend analyses.
* Make proactive capacity planning decisions & recommendations to
mitigate risk and rationalize the optimal amount of hardware, software and
network resources in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Participate in budget preparation and cost models based on capacity
* Prepare documentation including:
* Current capacity utilization across infrastructure environments,
* Projected capacity needs of all infrastructure components.
* Graphic modeling required
* Experience working across/with organizational teams as needed.
* Develop, maintain, recommend, document and support tools and backend
utilities to provide capacity planning and performance management.
* Interface with LOB, applications, systems management, engineering,
vendor and technical staff in support of business requirements and service
* Create Models for all major Infrastructure components, and business
* Identify trends in complex, disparate data and see the big picture.
* Design processes and procedures for ITIL based capacity planning.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* 10+ years IT Infrastructure experience with at least 5 years as
System Administrator & at least 3yrs as a capacity planner.
* Expert in capacity planning and performance tuning.
* Strong Experience with Capacity and Performance Monitoring tools
such as Aperture Vista, HyPerformix Workbench, ISM Perfman, HP Openview,
IBM Tivoli, IBM Netcool, Tek-Tools Profiler, Microsoft Operations Manager,
Microsoft, SMS, Argent Guardian, NetQoS, NetPro, etc.
* System level or capacity planning experience in the following:
Unix(Sun, HP), Linux(Redhat, Suse) , Storage(SAN, NAS, Direct Attached) ,
EMC DMX storage, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server, Cisco Data, , Oracle,
* Experience in analyzing and evaluating the utilization and capacity
for various IT systems;
* Must have strong experience in statistical analysis, metrics
development, and modeling.
* Data management and automation skills are required.
* Experience using graph generating tools such as Excel, including an
understanding of what graph types are appropriate for representing the
behavior of each type of resource.
* Experience participating or leading efforts to identify root case in
large complex multi-technology networked applications.
* System modeling skills and experience using third-party modeling
packages to create validate and use models.
* Ability to identify trends in complex, disparate data and see the
* Strong teamwork skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Strong understanding of how memory is organized and managed, how
process scheduling is done, how file systems are organized and how physical
and logical I/O is managed.
* Strong knowledge of how the various system metrics interact
* Knowledge basic queuing theory and understand the differences
between how preemptible and non-pre-emptible resources react in contention
* Advanced statistical analysis skills (an understanding of
probability theory, confidence intervals, smoothing, and regression
* An understanding of how database design affects database,
application and server performance.
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills, especially the
ability to distill complex technical issues into a format that conveys the
essential technical message in succinct and clear way.
* Skilled in trending, analytical modeling and reporting approaches.
BS or MS degree in Computer science, Mathematics, Physics' or any other
primary science degree.
Additional Desired Skills
* ITIL Foundation Certified
If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or
know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest,
please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering
candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you.
Axelon Services Corporation
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either
because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to
which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Axelon.
I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or
you are interested in investigating the current job market.
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I
contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of availability so
that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you
continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market
information we provide with our e-mail notices.
Axelon Services Corporation
For more job opportunities: www.axelon.com
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.374 / Virus Database: 270.12.80/2187 - Release Date: 06/19/09
- Quantity Surveyor Vacancy Brunei
- Career at Offshore Oil and Gas Industry (P.T. McDermott Indonesia),Drive Test Engineer,Senior Network Engineer and Data Networking Cisco, Juniper
- Telecom Job | Saudi Arabia | VAS/SMSC Service Engineer//Ericsson| Relevant Exp Only
- Vacancy as HR & GA Supervisor PT. Sanggar Sarana Baja Div. Remanufacturing Balikpapan ( Karingau - Kaltim )
- Very urgent Opening for M&E Design Engineer
Saturday, 20 June 2009
JOB SR. TECHNICAL ENGINEER, IT SYSTEMS CAPACITY PLANNER New York City