Our client, one of the pioneer organization as Engineering Service Provider to the industrial sector in Middle East which provides comprehensive and technically specialized services like Inspection, Project Management, Project Supervision and Maintenance Personnel for Oil & Gas, Petrochemical , Power, Desalination, Production and Allied Industries.
Subsurface Development Geophysicist (Bahrain and Arab Saudi)
Working with multi-disciplinary teams and reporting to a Subsurface Team Leader, this role will have primary responsibility for the interpretation and integration of geophysical and geological data over producing fields to identify future infill drilling opportunities.
Essentially this role is responsible for all geophysical aspects on the company's producing fields, near field exploration and development opportunities including detailed seismic data interpretation, well planning and follow up, and support field operation with seismic information .Utilizes sound geophysical principals and interpersonal skills to collaborate with RMT's to develop well and reservoir development opportunities.
Provides technical support to the team by staying current with regard to new technologies, new interpretation methodologies, and other developments within the geosciences, and act as a technical resource to less experienced team members.
· Develop initial reservoir targets for development drilling - Emphasis on the interpretation of seismic data as part of well planning and evaluation. Integrate work with reservoir studies and well operations teams to ensure development well targets are prepared and ready for drilling.
· Assess, quantify and communicate geophysical risks to team members and management along with conclusions based on interpretations.
· Build velocity and time-depth models for development area and field.
· Structural and stratigraphic mapping of key horizons.
· Coordinate/Conduct integration of work effort/studies on attribute analysis for input to the reservoir characterization modeling.
· Plan and supervise pre-stack and post-stack seismic attribute processing and analysis for qualitative and quantitative reservoir description.
· Application of AVO and AI concepts as part of the interpretation process, including normal incidence and offset domain modeling.
· Oversee the seismic processing or re-processing work program
· Provide subsurface support to well operations, including optimizing well casing setting depths, tops and optimum well placement.
JOB KEY RESULTS:
· Reservoir characterization – structural and stratigraphic frameworks
· Identification and promotion of unproven reserves
· Drill well planning and execution
· Mentoring and development of technical staff
· Daily interaction with other Studies Team members
· Routine interaction with RMT, IT, Production, Drilling, Facilities, HES, and Accounting staff
· Mentors and trains less experienced geological and geophysical staff (in Studies team and RMTs)
· Carries out job duties in accordance with company HES policies and procedures
· Capacity to develop, support, and present actionable recommendations
· Ability to effectively collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and reach a technically-sound, supported decision
· Capability of working independently with minimal technical supervision; ability to solve complex technical and interpretation problems with minimum support
· Ability to balance technical study requirements with operational and implementation needs
· Expand sphere in influence by participating in and influencing company ad hoc projects
· BSC Geology/ Geophysics
· Up-to-date 'hands on' expert level experience in Landmark Seisworks, Petrel or similarly agreed geophysical interpretation software.
· Minimum 8-10 years technical experience as seismic interpreter, 5 of which on development projects, preferably with carbonate reservoirs
· Strong familiarity with seismic attribute analysis and /or rock physics
· Full commitment to core value principles (HSE, leadership, people values & ethics).
· Working knowledge of petroleum geology, petrophysics and reservoir engineering techniques would be beneficial, as the position involves work within a multidisciplinary team.
· Proven track record of production, development and near-field exploitation.
· Good communication and presentation skills and ability to articulate evaluation results in a clear and concise manner are essential.
· Working knowledge of economics and business / financial metrics
· Effective in a multi-discipline team environment – creative and collaborative in problem solving
· Demonstrated ability to understand complex issues within other disciplines and incorporate into analyses
· Demonstrated ability to develop, justify and implement actionable recommendations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please kindly send your cv only included current and expected salary to:
Universal Synergy – Executive Search Consultant
Oil and Gas Division
www. unisynergyconsult. com
Note: only short listed candidates would be invited for interview with user in Jakarta on September and October 2011