Our client, one of the pioneer organization as Engineering Service Provider to the industrial sector in Middle East which provides comprehensive and technically specialized services like Inspection, Project Management, Project Supervision and Maintenance Personnel for Oil & Gas, Petrochemical , Power, Desalination, Production and Allied Industries.
To support their project in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, they are seeking qualified personnel to join their team as:
WELL HEAD GEOLOGIST
Supports wellsite operations during drilling of wells. Involved in well planning, operations, quality control, and post appraisal.
Geosteering of horizontal wells will be a key role of the position working closely with client and contract personnel. This will be a rotating position.
· Part of well construction team in planning of well, specifically directional design.
· Provides input on logging tools and additional measurements required to successfully execute the well plan.
· Onsite execution of well plan.
· Generate daily geological report in OpenWells.
· Supervisions of geological operations 9coring, mud logs, wireline logs)
· Geosteering of horizontal wells including use of computer-based models to ensure objectives of well are achieved.
· Quality control of geologic data obtained during operations (coring, mud logs, wireline logs)
· Develop appropriate KPIs to measure performance.
· Provides final report on geologic operations including recommendations for improvement.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/KEY INTERACTIONS:
· Member of well construction team
· Close coordination with Subsurface, Drilling, DSM, and Directional Contractor during drilling operations.
· Provides quality control oversight of contractors (coring, logging, mud logging)
· Communicates directly RMT Geologist routinely.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY/PROBLEM SOLVING LEVEL:
· Males operations decisions during steering of horizontal wells.
· Works with RMT Geologies to ensure Head of RMT is involved in critical decisions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
· College or higher degree in a geosciences discipline
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in wellsite operations
· Family with rig operations, vendor logging systems, mud logging
· Experience in drilling of horizontal wells
· Effective in a multi-discipline team environment – creative and collaborative in problem solving
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please kindly send your cv only included current and expected salary to:
Universal Synergy – Executive Search Consultant
Oil and Gas Division
www. unisynergyconsult. com
Note: only short listed candidates would be invited for interview with user in Jakarta on September and October 2011