PT. JDA-Indonesia is Oil & Gas, Mining, Manufacturing and Construction industries in Indonesia . JDA has been servicing the Indonesian Oil & Gas, Mining, Manufacturing and Construction industry for 20 years. As a result of the decision to strengthen JDA's presence in Indonesia , JDA-Indonesia is now strongly represented in Indonesia with offices in Jakarta, Balikpapan , Tembagapura and Batu Hijau.
for the Our Client, a Gold and Copper Mining Company located in Laos, is looking for the position:
- Site-based in Laos
- 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
- FIFO completing a 42-days-on/14-days-off roster, with flights provided to and from place of hire
Reporting to the Survey Superintendent, you will play a key role in the provision of a reliable and accurate survey service. Primary customers are mining operations, mine engineering, and geology. Good leadership and direction of the survey teams is very important to achieve all required work tasks. This includes the timely and organized setout and pickup of required information in support of the customer needs.
· Overseeing and participating in the effective and efficient provision of survey services to the Mining Operations department and other customers;
· Preparing maps for setting out pit designs, ore and waste blocks and infrastructure projects;
· Organization, development and supervision of survey team as required to perform the works;
· Ensure equipment is properly maintained and serviced by authorized dealer as required;
· Ensure continuing training and development of Lao survey personnel to achieve higher levels of competency in survey hardware and software systems;
· Process and data validation of survey information to be setout and picked up;
· Preparation and generation of end of month survey reports and other required survey data for other customers (Mining, Geology);
· Ensuring proper use of survey instrumentation, in particular Trimble S6 and RTK units.
Skills and Experience required:
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
· Minimum 7 years experience in Surveying Job, in an open pit mining environment.
· Degree in Geodetic or Civil Engineering.
· Good working knowledge of Surpac mining software or similar system.
· Knowledge and experience in Total Stations and GPS Surveying equipment like Trimble.
· Previous overseas experience in a large open cut mining operation will be highly regarded.
· Previous experience in basic pit and waste design will be well regarded.
Must be a self starter, highly motivated, works to high quality standards and always ensuring the required survey service is delivered on time to meet the needs of the mining operations.
Applications close 31st July 2009
All enquiries should be emailed to email@example.com