Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Position: Senior Manager, Strategy & Portfolio Management
Organization: Office of Strategy and Planning
Reports to: David Hanson
About the Group
The vision of Cisco's Office of Strategy & Planning is to be a catalyst for Cisco transformation. The Office of Strategy & Planning is shaping the future of Cisco by collaboratively assessing new business models, evaluating country and business transformation opportunities across Cisco by catalyzing our globalisation efforts, synthesizing Cisco Services strategies, orchestrating strategic planning activities, maximizing our invested portfolio by tracking and optimizing the execution of top Services initiatives, and communicating the pulse of Services through a variety of Web 2.0 technologies.
You will be an integral part of a small, high-profile, high-performance, fast-paced team. The Senior Manager of Strategy and Portfolio Management will play a significant role in shaping Cisco's new Smart + Connected Communities plans and related globalisation initiatives. This role will require the deep insights into the business requirements of Cisco's market opportunities and the ability to orchestrate global teams and manage of a portfolio of incubation investments with operational excellence.
The value of Services to Cisco and our customers continues to increase at an accelerated pace. Services bookings are growing over 20% per annum towards $10B by FY'10. Increasing complexity and the dynamic nature of our Services portfolio and GTM challenges the current business model.
Globalisation offers the potential to transform industries on a global scale by extending Cisco's ecosystem of innovative customers and partners with new business models. While Services plays a central & pivotal role in this strategy, it requires cross-functional execution across all Cisco functions to be successful.
In this role you will be responsible for driving and delivering key strategic initiatives, planning, new business model creation, and operations supporting the global S+CC Board. Through this work you will gain broad exposure to Cisco executives representing most functions, practices, business units and geographies. Projects and deliverables may vary, depending on the nature of business needs, from leading broad cross-functional teams to conducting targeted analysis.
Success in this role will be predicated upon the ability to effectively facilitate, influence and collaborate with various internal constituencies across Cisco. We value teamwork, analytics, leadership, and executive-level engagement.
Qualifications and Characteristics
We are seeking someone who thinks strategically and knows how to creatively communicate complex ideas into simple messages & frameworks. The ideal candidate is a strong leader who enjoys working with multiple departments of a large Fortune 100 company.
- Flexible and resilient leader with the ability to gain consensus among others and manage sensitive situations
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and comfortable operating in a fast-changing, demanding environment
- Proven high-level analytical, strategic, problem identification and problem solving skills
- Resourceful, independent thinker with a willingness to adopt creative approaches to solve business challenges
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with maturity to interact comfortably with a vast spectrum of hierarchy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal, facilitation and negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership and team building capability
- Requires willingness to travel.
- BA plus MS/MBA from a top school preferred
- Professional services, investment banking, business development, strategy consulting and/or building and development industry experience preferred
- High-energy strategic thinker with strong analytical and business judgment skills
- 12+ years total professional experience
- Corporate strategy and/or planning experience preferred
- Project management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership through influence and collaboration rather than direct control.
- Strong team player and leader.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Wednesday, 23 December 2009
Senior Manager, Strategy & Portfolio Management Cisco Systems