Action contre la Faim (AcF) is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit making humanitarian organization. In Indonesia , its projects address the areas of water and sanitation, food security, and disaster preparedness. Activities including repair and construction of infrastructures, construction of showers and latrines, hygiene education, distribution of farming and fishing equipment, support to income-generating activities, and socioeconomic and environmental impact studies.
If you are dynamic and professional person, we are offering you a unique opportunity to develop your skills in a multicultural environment:.
Grant Proposal Writer
Deadline for submission of applications:December 30th, 2009
Terms of Reference
Post Code: RJA 15/Disater Management-Grant Proposal Writer/DM/XII/09
Post Title: Grant Proposal Writer
Location/Duty Station: Jakarta
Starting Date: Immediately
Contract Determined 2 month
· To write the 2010-2012 Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Proposals in relation with AcF Country Strategy 2009-2012, in coordination with local and international partners and in line with Governmental priorities.
· Read and understand relevant calls for proposal and formats and application requirements & processes from identified donors;
· Compile the necessary information for 2010-2012 proposals (including assessment work);
· Design related proposals (narrative, logical framework, budget) with the support of national teams, HQ and HoM and in line with AcF strategic orientations
Desired Qualifications :
· Master's Degree in Natural Disaster Management
· Knowledge of Indonesia context
· Excellent knowledge of DRR (CBDRM and local institutions-focussed ) of at least 5 years
· Excellent command of assessment, project design and proposal-writing (at least 2 similar experiences)
· Proven track record of securing funding for DRR projects
· Experience in partnerships or consortium with local NGOs, local authorities and other international NGOs
· Experience with ECHO-funded disaster preparedness & risk reduction funding facility (DipECHO)
· Ability to work under pressure and deliver quality work under strict deadlines
· Strong analytical, micro and macro assessment abilities
· Excellent research, writing and editing skills
· Superb grammar and vocabulary skills
· Progressive experience and proven ability to work independently
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to applyand should submit a one-page cover letter stating current and expected salaries, updated CV in English and latest photograph, together with complete contact details of two professional referees (if possible) as attachment to:
(Please put the Post Title + your name in the email subject)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All ACF members are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: independence, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism and transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.