Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:08:51 -0000
Subject: [PipingJobs] Construction Managers Required - Oil & Gas for Abu Dhab
Reports to the Project Manager.
Represents the company in the field for the successful completion of
the construction phase of the project in accordance with drawings,
specifications, and terms of contract, budget, schedule and company
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Represents the company in its construction relationships
with Customer, subcontractors, Local Authorities and others.
• Bears top-line management responsibility for safety and
ensures proper attention to security and environmental control
• Is active in the overall coordination, planning, maintenance
of quality, progress and cost control of the construction phase of
the work. Ensures that he is kept informed on a current basis
through regular meetings, timely submission of reports and personal
• Sees that the regular meetings are held with Customer and
that they are kept properly informed under the contract.
• Ensures that timely and accurate reports are made to the
Customer and Home Office.
• Provide the construction input to the project throughout the
engineering phase in order to maximize in house use of construction
knowledge and experience.
• Report to the Project Manager and Construction Operations
Manager on all project related construction activities like Project
Schedule and progress within the Home Office.
• Liaise with designers, engineers and Construction
Engineering Manager throughout the engineering phase to maximize the
use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the
project paying particular attention to constructability.
• Provide the construction input required in preparing the
• Agree with Project Contracts Engineer the contracting
philosophy for the project. Ensure contract documents,
specifications etc are produced to meet the needs of the project
schedule and Government Statutory requirements.
• Supervise, review and approve the production and development
of plans, drawings, specifications, requisitions and bid summaries
for all temporary facilities and construction equipment required
within the scope of FW services, Client Specification and Government
• Review the project estimate to ensure the completeness of
scope and correctness of construction input.
• Ensure the Resident Construction Manager, Construction
Operations Manager and Project Manager is made aware of if any
significant changes in cost trends, Site MPP, Site Planning, Site
Progress, Site HSE&S Issues, Quality Issues and Sub-contractor
Issues & Billing status by submitting Monthly Report on Project
• Identify construction deliverables to suit the project
requirements and control and schedule them using the Document
• Review the project requirements, Client Specification and
Government Statutory requirements of the constructability checklist,
develop critical execution issues, the overall schedule and the
construction execution plan.
• Review the model Safety Plan and instructions to
Contractors, incorporate project specific requirements as required.
Approve and issue Project safety procedures and work practices in
liaison with the Manager of Construction Health, Safety, Environment.
• Review the model site quality plan and procedures and
incorporate project specific requirements as required- Client
Specifications and Government Statuary requirements. Approve and
issue the project quality plan and procedures in liaison with the
Construction Quality Control Manager.
• Develop Construction organization charts and manpower
projection plans. Carry out interviews and briefings to ensure that
the needs of the site are met in terms of caliber and numbers of
personnel to fulfill the needs of the project schedule.
• Be the focal point for all communications to and from the
site. Ensure that all correspondence to and from the site is
recorded and distributed to other involved company departments.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in handling EPC construction
• Graduate engineer in mechanical or civil discipline.
• Fully conversant with construction / commissioning
activities in Oil & Gas EPC jobs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Western educated candidates preferred.