fiscal 2005 revenue of $7.5 billion USD, employees 55000 worldwide and
several plants worldwide is looking for* :
*Position : Buyer - CRD/2415*
*Location :* Pune
*Qualifications :* Degree / Diploma in Engineering
*Experience* *:* Degree in engineering with atleast 5 yrs experience or
Diploma preferably in an Engineering discipline with minimum of 7 years of
experience as purchasing or sourcing professional of raw materials used in a
*Job Description :*
- Develop and implement company's Supply Chain strategies.
- Develop supply base and supply chain strategies that are unique to
customer or for business unit strategic materials.
- Support customer business needs using standard process where possible
and customized solutions where necessary. Collaborate with purchasing
manager and Supply Change Management (SCM) to determine the best approach to
meet the customer needs.
- Communicate company's expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier
audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and
continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from buyer / planner on
supplier delivery, quality, and service performance.
- Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve company's SCM
initiatives and strategies.
- Optimize overall cost of materials.
- Quote new and existing materials. Work with materials quotation analyst
if applicable. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including
price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms
- Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of
company and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking
arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard company's
terms and conditions.
- Ensure execution of company's pricing and terms & conditions agreements
such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to
by the company.
- Improve sourcing options by working with company's internal resources
and customers to add company's preferred and/or strategic suppliers to
customer Approved Manufacturer List (AML).
- Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect
the inventory value for a financial period in standard costing process.
- Provide input to determine quoted cost to the customer that is
competitive yet maximizes the amount of materials price variance (MPV).
- Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by
limiting unfavorable Purchase Price Variance (PPV) / MPV. Work with
Business Unit Manager (BUM) to obtain customers authorization for additional
expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges
incurred on customers behalf.
- Collaborate with buyer / planner and monitor, track, and provide
feedback on suppliers performance for continuous improvement.
- Work with buyer/planner to ensure that suppliers support overall
business needs of the company.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
*General Requirement :*
- Good working knowledge of computerized Materials Requirement Plan (MRP)
systems. Possess a strong leadership skill and good analytical skill.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of supply chain management,
electronics industry, supply base, pricing process and strategies, as well
as e-Commerce tools.
- Communicate effectively and escalate issues appropriately.
- Supplier pricing and service performance meets or exceeds SCM
- Company's supply chain strategies and initiatives are well implemented
and strategic spend is maximized.
- Cash to cash cycle is optimized.
- Meet or exceed and continuously improve on the related Drive by Wire
(DBW) performance metrics objectives :
- Material Price Variance
- Days of Supply or Inventory Turns
- Other applicable metrics as defines by supervisor. Meet or exceed and
continuously improve on the related DBW performance metrics.
- Works with the buyer / planner to ensure that the Purchasing planning
parameters are 100 % accurate.
*Company Profile: *MNC Global leader in the Electronic Manufacturing
Services (EMS) industry, offering innovative manufacturing and supply chain
solutions to world leading electronics and technology companies across a
broad range of industries. From conceptual design through total product
management, their design, manufacturing and post-manufacturing services are
offered from facilities in the America, Europe and Asia. The company has
recorded fiscal 2005 revenue of $7.5 billion USD, has employees 55000 world
wide and has 45 designs, manufacturing and repair facilities worldwide.
Company is dealing in the following products : Connector, Resistor,
Capacitor, PCB, Interface, CPU, Microprocessor, Chip Set, Diodes, LED,
Transistor, FET, Optical, Digital Arrestor, display / LCD, Varistor,
Potentiometer, Relay, Jack, Plug, Cables, Switches, Inductor, Ferrite, Fuse,
*Interested professionals can send their resume at
* with present salary and subject "Buyer - CRD/2415" on immediate basis.*
If you know someone with the above profile, please suggest him / her to
send his / her resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the above details. You may
forward this e-mail to your friends, relatives, colleagues who may
be interested for the above job-opportunity.
*Thanks and regards,*
*M. R. Singhal*
*Management & Placement Consultant*
*Centre for Right Direction,*
24, Niyoshi Park-2,
Sanghvi Nagar, Aundh,
Phone : 020-25888757 / 25880170
Fax : 020-25888757
E-mail :email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> , email@example.com
Web-site : http://www.crdindia.com